To ensure the good and healthy entertainment in accordance with the provisions of the Cinematograph Act 1952 and the Cinematograph (Certification) Rules 1983.
1. To ensure healthy entertainment, recreation and education to the public.
2. To make the certification process transparent and responsible.
3. To create awareness among advisory panel members, media and film makers about the guidelines for certification and current trend in films through workshops and meetings.
4. To adopt modern technology for certification process through computerization of certification process and upgradation of infrastructure.
5. To maintain transparency about Board’s activities through voluntary disclosures, implementation of e-governance, prompt replies to RTI queries and publication of annual report.
6. To develop CBFC as a Centre of Excellence